Thursday, May 28, 2009

Podcasting!!

Podcasting is a process of creating an audio show of some sort available in MP3 format. You can use podcast for basically anything. It can be used for talk shows, tutorials, music, stories, or any other form of audio content.

Podcasting is useful in a classroom in that it gets students involved with technology. I've read that podcasting can be especially helpful for those students who have attention deficit disorders. Students would be allowed to download lectures from the computer and listen to them when they want and without distraction. They are useful for reviewing. If a student missed something important in class, they could listen to the podcast for that lecture.

This is my first time ever using a podcast! I'm not a computer-wiz, but this was fairly simple. I just clicked around until it downloaded what I needed to be downloaded. I watched a few of the Audacity tutorials for podcasting, and found it quite simple. The tutorial was very helpful and gave me an idea of what to expect before I played around with it. Audacity seems to be pretty user-friendly and easy to navigate around.

The only tip I can give for podcasting would be to be patient! I tend to get frustrated when things on the computer don't work my way...so just be patient and play around with it. I also found that I needed to practice what I was going to say before I recorded it because I sounded like a dork with tons of "ums" and "weelll.." So don't sound like me! :) Good luck podcasting!

The sample podcast I made was me reading a review written about a wolf shirt on amazon. Instead of being productive at work the other day, my co-worker insisted on me reading this ridiculous review. I laughed forever. If you want to check it out yourself (because it may be funnier if you read it) go to http://www.amazon.com/Three-T-Shirt-Available-Various-Sizes/dp/B000NZW3IY/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header It is the first review towards the bottom. I hope you enjoy my first podcast! :)

This is the website for my podcast:

http://samanthahubbell.podbean.com/

7 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I used to have a job where I was able to do things like that all day long. It's even funnier because I could probably find people like that at my local Wal-mart. haha Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Samantha! "Let me howl at your moon!" Clever. Did you get a chance to add some background music?
    Thank you for the entertaining story :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that was really funny!! I agree with your advice, being patient is deff important when creating a podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, this is completlely random...and I LOVE RANDOM!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA I agree with Stephanie. I live for random. This was hilarious. I'm glad you had fun with this project and shared this. I probably never would've known about this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your podcast it was very funny! Way to be creative and find something different. I had some umms in my podcast as well but audacity made it easy to edit them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, your podcast was great. I like how it was different and creative. You did a really nice job and making it funny to listen to.

    ReplyDelete